Toyota Creates Sensations at Women of Power Summit
The Black Enterprise Women of Power Summit (BEWPS) is the leading professional development conference for women of color. The annual event gathers more than 1,000 female corporate executives from across the country. In 2018, Toyota, the world’s No. 1 car manufacturer, signed on as Presenting Sponsor for a second year in a row. The conference provided a great opportunity to connect the Toyota brand with a priority consumer segment — African American women.
Camry is the crown jewel of Toyota’s automobile lineup.It was the top-selling vehicle in the African American consumer market and had been for years. However, as a brand committed to its diverse customer base, the company never rested on its laurels and continued to work hard to maintain its leadership position. Their challenge, however, was making Toyota more appealing to the next generation of buyers. Toyota asked PRecise to assist with this challenge.
Reinforce the messaging behind Toyota’s new “Sensations” advertising campaign, compelling drivers to love the new Camry for “all the wrong reasons” — the thrilling sensations they feel when behind the wheel of the car; align campaign messages with the positive emotional drives of Black women such as bold, beautiful, sexy and sophisticated.
Engage BEWPS attendees with the Camry on display: increase number of booth visitors by 30 percent from 2017; capture 10 percent more consumer data; secure 30 percent of the attendees to get inside the showcase vehicle
- Created an experiential engagement, “The Toyota Sensation Suite” to support the company’s current advertising campaign
- Transformed a ballroom into an experience that catered to the five human senses: massages (touch); aromatherapists (smell); a listening lounge (sound); culinary treats (taste) and a Camry positioned center stage (sight)
- Offered a social media experience inside the car to ensure personal exploration
- 1124 conference attendees; 100% brand exposure
- Approximately 700 suite visitors: more than 60% of conference attendees, 4x previous year interaction
- 400 women engaged with the Camry, nearly a 250% uptick over 2017
- 25% increase in consumer data capture participation
- An industry award